Contract Title : Time and Material + Maintenance
Contract Start Date: 1 Dec 2017
Contract Duration: Ongoing
Customer is a leading global IT behemoth.
Project Scope: The platform is designed with six independent Pods that interact with each other. The Pods work like a federation of empowered business units. This design supports pod-specific digital market places and contains specialized ecosystem partners for each Pod. This approach improves maintenance and provide a contigeous delivery model, based on the built in Point of Delivery (PoD) approach.
- The overall system architecture is as illustrated:
- The areas in scope were UI and the webservices that needed to be automated.
- BDD approach was required and all features and user stories would be provided by the business owners.
- Single automation platform was setup to automate both UI and the webservices to better manage reporting and tracking across all pods.
- More than 600 user stories automation on both UI and API.
- DevOps cultural integration of infrastructure was automated to spin up and down instances for test execution as and when required.
- Performance testing was planned using JMeter for 10,000 users by utilizing cloud infra for load generation.
- Results analysed against benchmarks and possible remediation steps were proposed.
- Single framework and reporting provided better data management.
- Tests run in DevOps pipeline with zero downtime.
- BDD approach to better integrate with business teams.
- Modifications and New Test Automation takes less time due to BDD.